Thanksgiving is just right around the corner, and this Fancy That Friday we are going to tell you the 5 things we fancy on Thanksgiving!
1. Fitness?? How about FITNESS whole pie in my mouth!
What says Thanksgiving more than a classic pumpkin pie? A Bourbon Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Streusel! This is one of my favorite pie recipes from Food & Wine, and it never fails they will always go back for more! With a little love, cinnamon and spice, it will be the talk of Thanksgiving!
2. For those busy moms that are looking for that easy and fun activity on Thanksgiving, lets break out the crafts and make a little paper turkey!
All you need is:
3. Googly eyes
4. Orange, red, and brown paper
If weather permits, send them out on a scavenger hunt in the yard to find leaves of all colors and sizes! Glue 4-5 leaves onto a white piece of paper. Then, cut out a turkey body out of brown paper- add some eyes, a beak, gobble, and feet! And your turkey is complete!!
3. What to wear? Well now, we know just the place to find the most darling outfits for your little ones. Our Corduroy Juliet Jumpers
and Jack Keene Jon Jons
are sure to turn heads at the table. And it will give them a little extra room for dessert!
4. What better to watch than The 88th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Before you begin your Thanksgiving lunch, gather round with the family and watch as the newest addition to the parade makes his debut- Paddington Bear!
Paddington Bear has been quite and inspiration for T.B.B.C. Can you guess what it is?? You will have to wait until our Fall 2015 collection debuts, we don’t kiss and tell!
5. Last but not least, what to drink! For all the mommies who have cooked their hearts out all day, we have a little recipe that will be sure to add some relaxation and excitement to Thanksgiving!
4 cups apple cider
1 cup of caramel vodka (you can always use less (or more?) if you want)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar (mostly for rimming your glasses, taste the cider before to see if it needs sugar or not)Directions:
Heat cider over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
Add cinnamon and brown sugar to cider. Stir until sugar is dissolved and then remove from heat.
At this point, you can add the vodka to the mixture and give it a stir! Or if you want to separate some out for the kiddos, they can enjoy it without the caramel vodka. It still tastes just as yummy!!
We hope you and your family have a Happy Happy Thanksgiving! Tis the season to be thankful for all our blessings!